A : How can you be sure about communicating with the whole world by just only 140 characters!
B : Uh... Holy... That guy might not know Twitter. -_-;:
Social Network Service(SNS), it's possible to communicate with the whole world by 140 characters! So what in the world is Twitter? And why do the public talk about Twitter recently? Let's check Twitter and hear some of its attractions from twitterians.
Q. Twitter, it started its full services in July 2006. What on earth is the actual force to bring attention from a lot of users in the world?
First of all, Twitter is convenient and fast. Users can write and read messages by using a cell phone's messages or a smart phone's applications without connecting to the internet. This point is agreed with the modern people's tastes to prefer convenient and fast things. As the Twitter provided basic services for a cell phone, so it has a high accessibility. Also, it's possible to share one's opinion with other people at anytime and in anyplace. It's a difference from messengers, where it is possible to send an article to other users when other users are able to be contacted. In other words, it has the function to send one's own opinion in real time. Lastly, it can acquire informations in the shortest time compared with any other service in the world. Because it has the information distribution network to spread information faster than any others. One of the obvious examples is ‘The plane crash in Hudson River in January 2009.’ At that time, a passenger who got I-phone in the plane uploaded the news about the crash by using his phone for the first time. This information was spread widely through Twitter earlier than the major medias' arrival.
Q. What’s the difference between Twitter and Blog, Mini Homepage and Messenger, which we usually use?
First of all, a Blog is fitted to write a well-organized passage with pictures. However, Twitter is convenient to send a short article like sending and receiving text messages with friends and can appoint a specific user. And Mini Homepage can share the ‘Record’ of daily life with the closest relation, but Twitter aims at normal ‘Communication.’ Also, Twitter can basically speak to others. This point is as same as the role of messenger. But Twitter is different from messenger at the point, it's possible to send articles even though they are not on the server by using @ID format, so the corresponding users can confirm the articles. And Twitter allows you open one's own private conversation to one's own followers. The third one is to make public the private conversation of the users who are following me. It means that someone can intrude not only who have to read that but who has no relation. If Messenger is a personal conversation between two people, Twitter is a conversation with so many bystanders presented and sometimes they can suddenly intrude into the conversation to say his opinion.
|▲ Kim Je-Dong(left), Lee Oi-Soo(rihgt). They are celebrities in twitter.|
Q. Is it surely necessary to know Twitter languages for doing Twitter? It’s too natural!
1) Tweet: Each article written in Twitter. Additionally, it means the action writing a ‘Tweet’ used to be expressed to do ‘Tweet.’ Tweet can register the images and informations of the location where I am as well as text.
2) Follow: An action to ‘Read’ a specific user’s stories. When I follow a specific user, I could read that user’s ‘Tweet’ wrote in real time from the moment. It frequently called ‘Follong’ or ‘Follo.’
3) Following: The users who I did Follow. The users who I decide to hear their story.
4) Follower: The users who decide to follow me. In other words, the person who decide to hear my story.
5) @mention or @reply: The action to make a comment or a reply to a specific ‘Tweet.’ When I mention or reply, other users can see my article and it will be registered in my homepage. And the article can be seen to those people who follow both me and other users.
6) DM (Direct Message): A kind of Email. In the Twitter world in which everybody’s articles are opened to all users, it is the only way to send and receive private messages.
7) RT (Re-Tweet): An action to do ‘Tweet’ by adding up my comments to others’ ‘Tweet’ and send it to my followers.
8) Time-line: The place where ‘Tweets’ or ‘Re-Tweets’ of the users who are in my following list are registered.
Q. What’s the attraction, what twitterians say (Twitterer)?
1. Lim Yu-Jin(Dept. of English, Sophomore)
By purchasing a smart phone, she started Twitter. During the interview, she seemed to be absorbed absolutely in Twitter. And she looked to make an appointment for dinner at Yauri through ‘Introducing friends on Twitter,’ so called ‘Teuchinso.’ When I asked her “Is it the first time to do ‘Teuchinso?’”, she replied “No, It isn’t. I do it frequently. Initially I had some concerns to meet those on-line people at off-line places, but the meeting with them becomes pleasant. And after the meeting, I have experienced one or two more meetings.” And she added to complete the interview “I can enjoy everyday vigorously and I can expand unexpected relationship more and more through Twitter.”
2. Jo Han-Hui(Dept. of Administration in Sunmoon University)
He felt affection for Twitter. He is a solider now. His best friend suddenly suffered a car accident, the friend urgently needed blood transfusion because of severe bleeding. As his blood type was different from his friend, and the blood types of his friend's family were different, too. They all could not transfuse blood to the friend, so all of them were entirely embarrassed. He had acquired four certificates of Blood Donation from all acquaintances to the maximum, but it was far short for the friend. He wrote an article on Twitter to ask helps in the status of mind to catch a straw. "My friend suffered a car accident. Please help him. I have nothing to do for him. If you keep a certificate of blood donation, would you contact with me?" Many mentions arrived from his followers as well as RT with his article being spread several times. Finally, he acquired 15 certificates of Blood Donation. There were some people who he had never known. He was filled with tears for their concern. Thanks to his effort, his friend recovered health. He finished his interview with saying "I thought that the world was desolate. Thank them sincerely for their generosity. I'd like to deliver my thanks again with my whole heart for all the people who helped me. I will surely bestow my favor."
While I prepared this article, I experienced the new elevated world. I wanted to introduce this world to Dankookians. Dear. guys, why don't you try Twitter?
Jun In-yong email@example.com